GFI Enterprises are currently hiring for a Company Financial Controller person for an immediate start, see job specification below:
Required for a specialist International Procurement and Supply Company providing electrical and mechanical products and spares to Worldwide Clients. This position offers a great opportunity to demonstrate strong financial skills and provide effective management to help ensure business success going forwards. Tasks will be varied, and the role can provide the opportunity for involvement in commercial and general management duties, as well as financial matters. This is an ideal opportunity to learn and demonstrate an understanding of all the skills and knowledge required to operate an international business.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Company Cost Control Analysis: Preparing anticipated annual expenditure budget model then maintaining real time monthly reports to monitor progress against the budgetary model as the business year develops. Make ongoing comparisons to anticipated revenue from our sales budgets.
- Client Credit Rating Management: Research options for credit checking and/or insurance for new and/or existing Clients and put a cost-effective process in place. All Clients should have an agreed Account limit which should be decided in a professional and considered way then maintained. Reporting Payments: We should be able to produce Credit account reports showing agreed payment terms and actual payment time taken historically. We should also show the real time status of outstanding invoices. Ensure additional sales orders are not shipped to clients not conforming to agreed payment terms.
- Accounts Receivables management: Establish knowledge of accounts contacts in all our active clients and load onto sage as appropriate. Our Accounts staff need to develop strong personal relationships with these contacts and build their personal profiles on the CRM System.
- Accounts Payables management: Receive, check and process supplier invoices and undertake timely payment as appropriate. Actively help to avoid Pro-forma Invoices payment terms with suppliers when possible.
- Help with Company Management of overseas currency exposures.
- Payroll Management: Manage Salaries and bonus payments as appropriate.
- Company Pensions Management: Interface with our Financial Advisers to ensure smooth and correct management of our Company Pension Scheme.
- VAT Management: Prepare appropriate V.A.T Returns.
- Company Year End preparation: Including late sales and late Purchases compilation.
- Company Insurances Management: Negotiate and maintain Company insurance renewals.
- Building Leases: Monitor costs and ensure appropriate payments.
- Business Rates Management: Monitor Small business relief Scheme and ensure maximum benefit for GFI. Also check water charges etc as appropriate.
- Communications Management: Monitor costs/contracts and negotiate best prices with communications providers of broadband, business telephones, and mobile phones.
- Bank Interface: Ensure we have an awareness of current Bank charges being incurred by GFI and checking that these are appropriate. Develop relationships with key Bank Employees who can help us stay knowledgeable regarding Bank Products and services available which could help us.
- Chartered Accountant interface: Develop relationships with key contacts working at our preferred Chartered Accountants. Assess which tasks it is essential for them to do and when. Try to identify accounts related tasks we might be able to undertake inhouse in a safe and reliable manner. Be aware of charges incurred from Chartered Accountants for different services and ensure these are competitive and service and support levels are acceptable to us.
- Mansys interface: Develop a good working knowledge of how our Mansys Systems works and what it offers. Consider how it might interface or combine with our Sage systems.
- Sage Interface: Develop a good working knowledge of how our Sage Systems work.
- Export Methods of Payment: Get in-house knowledge of different export methods of payment such as Letters of Credit, cash against documents etc External training can be arranged and/or consultants used.
- Distribution (shipping) Cost Management: Analyse how much Freight is charged out? How much of it hits the accounts at year end? Do our systems control this in an efficient and correct manner?
- Directors Loan Management: Maintain records and control of any Directors Loans taken.
- Health and Safety management: Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- I.T. Management: Provide and interface with our I.T Consultants. Keep control of support requested from Indigo and control costs to ensure they are appropriate when invoices are received. Manage our printer contracts, and ensure costs are checked for correctness. Keep records controlling Company I.T. equipment which may be used at home. Ensure any I.T. related licences and subscriptions are retained including Mansys, Sage, Outlook, domain name registration etc
- Staff Holiday Management: Maintain records of holidays taken and due.
- Provide H.R. Consultant interface: In conjunction with other management, provide interface with H.R. Consultants.
- Staff Expense Management: Administer any staff expense claims.
Ideal Candidate background:
- Degree nice but not essential.
- Willingness to join a small but dedicated team of motivated individuals.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills as additional training can be provided.
- Ambitious to better ones-self and the Company.
Salary: Commensurate with age and experience. Pension Scheme.
Location: At our Ellon Business Centre Offices. Mainly office based but some flexibility may be possible.
Any other duties as required by management.
Applications: Interested parties should apply sending C.V by email to Mike.Robertson@gfienterprises.co.uk